This section will become a little techy as deep down I am an incredible geek.
Having been quoted extortionate sums of money to install a control4, savant or any other high end HA system, I made the decision to kludge together our own system based on the awesome indigodomotics platform for Mac and a load of different HA protocols and devices.
I will dedicate some time and effort over the next few months outlining the system setup for anyone interested in some techy DIY.
The system includes –
- Light Control (combination of Insteon micro dimmers and Phillips Hue)
- Window control (using Insteon micro switches)
- Appliance control (e.g. towel warmers using Insteon on/off swicthes)
- Google Nest thermostats (this is a blog post all in itself – Google broke the integration)
- Rachio sprinkler control
- MyQ garage door control
- Alexa (badly) and Siri control (via Apple Homekit)
- Blind control (coming soon – using Somfy motors)
- AV control of Marantz and Onkyo receivers
- iPad stations in Basement and Great Room using IndigoDomo Indigo Touch App
- Wireless music control using multiple Sonos devices and in ceiling speakers
- iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaners
And all of this is tied together using a Mac Mini running Indigo 7.4 in the AV rack …
Check back soon for more info